Things I've Done Wrong In Raising My Children
- I have allowed Baby to nurse herself to sleep, thus making weaning even harder.
- I haven't instilled great eating habits, though I don't feed them chicken nuggets every day.
- Potty training has been a huge chore.
- I have let them sleep in my bed (to me, this isn't bad, but I realize most people think it is, so I will list it here)
- I let them go to bed sometimes without brushing their teeth.
- They watch too much TV.
- I've spanked too hard or spanked in anger when I shouldn't have.
- I haven't spanked when I should have.
- I haven't followed through on all threats and promises.
Things I've Done Right
- I kiss them every night when I tuck them in and tell them I love them.
- I read to them every day.
- I am here with them every day.
- I play with them.
- I want for them.
- I've given them massages when they were babies.
- I put their towels in the dryer when they are coming out of the bath on a cold night.
- I've never taken them to a crack house.
- I've caught their vomit in my hands. This is a biggie.
- I've never put Pepsi in a baby bottle.
Both lists could probably be longer. And in the coming days I may add to them. Feel free to add some of your own if you'd like.