Saturday, March 11, 2006

JACKPOT!


My husband says I have bad Tupperware karma. Many, many years ago Hubby pastored a small church with some very sweet, little ladies. We had no children at the time and they doted on us as if we were there own. One of them, Athalene, made us some cupcakes to take home and sent them with us in a very large, round, probably expensive, Tupperware container. We moved and I never managed to return it. I meant to, really, I did. I have since used it often. Even wrote my name on it so as to get it back when I loan it out. Hubby still needles me about stealing it from poor, dear Athalene and says it serves me right to have lost Tupperware to other people. Bad Tupperware karma.

Today I hit the Mother Load. I have seen Tupperware at garage sales before, but they have wanted more than I wanted to pay. Today I got everything you see pictured here at a garage sale for $7.50. All but one piece was brand new, still wrapped in the plastic packaging. This lady had a table full of new Tupperware for .25 and .50 cents a piece!!!! I tried not to be greedy, but it was hard.

So, Sweetie Pie, who has bad karma now? I do believe the Blessed Tupperware Fairies are smiling on me today, Baby!! HOLY CRAP! WHAT A BARGAIN!! (insert happy dance here) I think I just wet my pants from all the excitement.

7 comments:

LiteratureLover said...

Good Heavens, Woman! You DID hit the jackpot!

LiteratureLover said...

P.S. Maybe you can give poor Athalene back her container now. And I'm not going to feel guilty for keeping any of your tupperware ever again. ;)

heather said...

lol, you know i am guilty of keeping your tupperware! but thats what you get when you leave 10 oreo chocolate ball thingies here for waist-pasteing! i think i still have it, maybe i loaned it out... hmmmmm... can you send those fairies this way??

ste-pha-nie said...

That is a score if I ever saw one! Even popsicle things !!

And now you are so bookmarked, for using the words Karma, Mother Load, HOLY CRAP (in all caps,) and the sentence "I think I just wet my pants from all the excitement." Thank you!

I'm also here: http://tifty.wordpress.com
at least for the time being :)

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

I love Tupperware. What's the triangle one for?

SuperMom said...

Leftover Pizza!!!!! Cool, huh?

Unknown said...

What a find, I'm so jealous!!! Methinks I will have to start garage-saling again in the spring! :)