Friday, March 24, 2006

I love my husband. I adore him. I really like him a lot. If I weren't married to him, I would still like to hang out with him because he really makes me laugh. He can make me feel as if I am the most beautiful woman on the face of the earth. He supports me 110% on anything I want to do and pushes me to be more than I believe I can be, because he believes I really am. He buys me perfume instead of appliances and always spends more on me than I would like. He endures Baby screaming for Mommy so I can go out with a friend...and doesn't try to make me feel guilty about it, but smiles and says, "I'm glad you had fun." He puts up with my tantrums and self-centerdness and waits patiently for me to get over myself.

When I say I love him, it doesn't even begin to scratch the surface. I would never want to live this life without him. Even when my anger burns with the heat of a thousand suns, I still want him. Even when he hurts me. Even when he forgets to take out the trash and leaves his dirty socks inside out in the laundry basket. He is my soulmate. My one true love. My greatest gift.

My prayer is that every day for the rest of our lives, he will know this is true and that I will never give up trying to show him.

3 comments:

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

You are such a real person--someone who loves her husband passionately and gets rip roarin' mad at him too. I love that about you.

Sarah said...

"When I say I love him, it doesn't even begin to scratch the surface." I feel the same way and have tried really hard lately to say what it is I'm thinking when I feel the need to simply say, "I love you." But sometimes it's all too much and "I love you" is the best I can do. We are blessed gals, aren't we? :-)

LiteratureLover said...

He is a great guy! He can give deep insight and also keep us laughing. You are both blessed.