Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Off With Her Hair!

My hair is very thick and wavy. For years I kept it very short because it was easier to maintain. But Hubby likes long hair, so I've spent some time growing it out. And though I do like it longer, it takes a magic wand to turn it from this... Into this...
And I just don't take the time to do it very often. Most days I end up just pulling it up anyway. So today, it is off with the hair. I'm a little sad, but until I can afford a live in hair and makeup person, I have to be about simplicity. I'd rather have something shorter that I can keep up with instead of wearing my Haggard Housewife 'do all the time.

Here's what I'm going for.

Now to figure out a way to cut off my hips and thighs to match.

6 comments:

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

I think we have the same kind of hair. It takes me hours to tame this stuff. Incidentally, my dear husband, also likes long hair. However, after the birth of blessing #5, he said "Cut it." (Maybe he was tired of the perpetual pony-tail?? I don't know.)

I now have the stacked bob and love it. I don't feel as s-xy, (not that I was some s-x goddess before...) but I always feel "put together."

Chris Bryant said...

being a guy my hairstyle takes 30 seconds and is in style for years. Maybe even decades.

janiners said...

short hair is great! I can't stand my hair long. My hair is so thick anyway that if it gets too long, it gets so weighty and makes the top of my head look flat. And, we all know how flattering the flat head look is. :-) but, I'm with you on the wild, untamed hair thing. that's totally me if I don't do anything to it. i look like a wild lion or something. :-) I don't think I've ever seen you in person with your hair "untamed," though, girl. :-)

i loved Chris' comments. Jerry drives me nuts in the morning because he can be ready in 10 minutes and is sleeping for an hour while I'm getting ready. errrr!

heather said...

who is that lady in the first picture?! amazing the transformations we make, eh? every day is the same for me also! from crypt keeper to babe-be-er...? couldn't think of anything funny, sorry! you are always beautiful and i am so excited to see you new do!!

heartsjoy said...

You little glammy girl! You have to work hard to look messed up. I love that second picture. Can I have a copy? I can't wait to see your new "do" either!!

LiteratureLover said...

Okay, that last comment from Heartsjoy was ACTUALLY from me. I didn't realize that she was still signed on. Ahem. :)