Saturday, March 25, 2006

E-I-E-I-O


I bought a gardening kit on clearance a while back and had the brilliant idea to germinate some seeds indoors with the kids. We planted corn, watermelon and pumpkin seeds in empty egg cartons and ran out of soil before we got our peas and tomatoes planted. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much. I figured the seeds might not even be any good since it was on clearance. We have forgotten to water them some days, and have even knocked them off their sunny home on the kitchen windowsill into the floor a couple of times. Lo and behold, we have discovered our seeds are actually producing plants!! I don't know why it excited me so, but it thrilled me to no end to see the little green shoots poking up from the dirt. I feel strangly empowered.

Now, where in the world am I going to put them? Guess I'd better hook up the horse to the plow.

3 comments:

LiteratureLover said...

Look at you! Now you can add "gardener" to the list of things that you are.

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

Man, between LL's sketching and your gardening, I am really starting to feel like I need skills. To quote Napoleon Dynamite: "Girls like guys with skills." Good thing I'm already married.

Oh well, there's always ironing. ;)

heartsjoy said...

You little gardner you! I am with TOFTG - you guys are all motivating me, gardening, sketching, ironing...oh my!