- Cooking with my kids. It's true! We cooked together and I enjoyed it!
- Finding my long lost Kelly Clarkson CD. Now I can pretend to be her while I load the dishwasher.
- Watching my children dance. Sister is very serious, pirouette-ing and graceful. Brother is moshing, flailing around like he's having an epileptic seizure. And Baby walks around in dizzy circles, giggling and falling down.
- Coffee, as always.
- Reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe with Brother. We read three chapters today. He didn't want to stop!
- The chicken noodle soup the kids and I made for dinner. Not from a can. And boy, was it yummy.
- Finding out American Idol starts Tuesday.
- Talking about Christ with Brother. He was playing with some strips of paper and said, "Look, Mom! I made a cross." Then he began to make up a song, singing "Jesus, come down from the cross..." I mentioned to him that Jesus could have come down from the cross if He wanted to. This piqued his curiosity. "So, why didn't he?" he asked. "Because He loved us - He loved you- too much." And that was it. He thought about it for a moment and went back to playing with his little pieces of paper. It wasn't a deep theological discussion, but just a small moment I was able to share with him. It was incredibly special and beautiful.
These little things made me so happy to be here, in my tiny little home, today, with Brother, Sister and Baby. I don't care if I am broke for the rest of my life. It's a small price to pay for the best job in the world.