Thursday, January 19, 2006

Archealogical Find

Today I was in a tear around the house. I borrowed a book from a friend called "Decorating With What You Have". And of course, upon reading it, decided everything in my living room was completely wrong and went straight to work trying to correct it. This entailed moving furniture. Mainly the armoire that holds the computer. Now, I occasionally move lighter things to clean under them, like the couch and loveseat. But the armoire is heavy, and I haven't cleaned under it since...well, since we got it. I was prepared to find all kinds of goodies underneath, and I wasn't disappointed. Along with many large dust bunnies I found two jumbo shooter marbles, a bouncy ball, a pony tail holder, a Tupperware lid, Brother's superhero wallet, two cherries from the Hi Ho Cherry-O game, and of course, many Cheerios. But there was one dust bunny that looked a little odd. It was shadowed by the armoire, so I couldn't really get a good look at it. I pulled the armoire away from the wall further and bent over for a closer look. My skin crawled. It wasn't a dust bunny. It was the skeleton of a mouse with a tiny bit of fur still attached. My guess is the cat injured it and it crawled under there and died who knows when. I am still trying to hold my dinner down.

Gives a whole new meaning to "Decorating With What You Have".

3 comments:

LiteratureLover said...

Laughing HARD!!! You Kill Me!!! The bit at the end about it putting a whole new meaning on Using What You Have - YUCK!!! You poor thing. Still laughing. Thanks for the laugh.

janiners said...

i read this last night before going to bed and was laughing and going, "ew!" at the same time. poor little mouse. i can't even imagine. my fear when I move things around after a long time is finding a brood of spiders. eeehk! just thinking about it makes me shudder. supermom, i always enjoy reading your stories. you are an incredible story-teller in your own right, and they always brighten my day. :-) love you, girl!

heather said...

lol! i am not sure dead mouse bone shelves will be very sturdy...maybe a barrette?