And this is what it did to a window in my minivan:
(No the window isn't rolled down. It is gone...as in, shattered.)
And this is what it did to the sideview mirror:
Soccer practice was cancelled last night, so I invited a friend over with her two children for dinner. Long story short, we ate dessert in the bathtub with sirens going off in the background. That would be two grown women and five children huddled in the tub. Sorry, I don't have a picture of that one. I was too busy freaking out to grab the camera.
"Supermom's Guide to Hosting An Evening Your Friends Will Never Forget"
- Plan a simple, yet elegant menu.
- Pick a night during tornado season when inclimate weather is almost certain.
- Set the table with fine linens and china. You want your guests to feel special. And if a tornado tosses your house around like Dorothy's in the Wizard of Oz, at least you will have used them one last time.
- Candlelight always sets the mood...especially if the power goes out.
- Be creative. Anyone can have dessert at the table. Pick a safe place away from windows in the middle of your house. The bathtub is always a crowd pleaser.