Friday, December 02, 2005

Happy Birthday, Baby!

Well, today she is one. Can it be? One year ago today my beautiful Baby welcomed me into her life and brought sunshine and gumdrops into mine...not to mention sleepless nights. She is my most difficult baby, but the one I have enjoyed most. I have given myself the freedom to spoil her rotten and pick her up every time she wimpers. I have cuddled her and kissed her and drank in her babyness with abandon. I have foregone any schedule or structure and just done basically everything she wants me to do. I get no sleep, and I know one day soon we will have to undo all the spoiling I've done. But I have loved it all. And even though she was very cute at six months old, she is even cuter now. Her hair is getting long enough to pull into pigtails. When I do this to her, she eventually puts her chubby little hand up to her head, feels around for the rubber band and deftly pulls it out. She HATES it. But it's that little rascal in her that makes me giggle. I am going to have my hands full with her, but it can never match the fullness in my heart when I hold her in my arms. Oh, my Baby, you exhaust me. But I wouldn't trade you for the world's longest nap. It's been a beautiful year. And you will always be my Baby.

2 comments:

LiteratureLover said...

Ohhhhhh. That is so sweet. Your darling baby has the sweetest Mommy. I hope the next year is as fun as her first.

heartsjoy said...

Happy Birthday Baby Girl,
I loved the story of pigtails. You have such a wonderful way with words, sentimental and laughter. Enjoy every moment!