Thursday, December 29, 2005

Childhood

"Elf" is the word that comes to mind. Round, rosey cheeks, hair that has a mind of it's own, dimpled knees and a giggle that sounds like sunshine. She's my Baby. Every day she makes me smile, even when I don't want to. Her vocabulary mainly consists of "ooh" and "ah", always preceded by the pointer finger. She loves pictures and faces and spends most of her day examining them. She likes to pucker her lips into a sweet little "o" and wrinkle her nose to make me laugh. She walks side by side with me around the house, her pudgy hand grasping my finger, perfectly content to go wherever it is I am going because it is sure to lead to adventure and exploring. Her favorite toy is my wallet, which contains all sorts of fun things like insurance cards, bank cards, coupons, money and the like. Oh, I adore her. There are times I am overwhelmed by the flood of emotion that my children stir in me. Sometimes wonder, sometimes anger, sometimes fear and sometimes everything at once. But always this incredible love. Love I can't explain or fully understand, but can't imagine my life without. May I remember always to revel in the wonderful glow of childhood.

1 comment:

LiteratureLover said...

Just give me that baby. I need to kiss her right now!! Maybe Little Lady's new baby doll will suffice...