Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Hindsight

Mmmmm...coffee smells so good this morning.

After having a record-breaking nearly eight hours of sleep last night, I am feeling a little silly for allowing myself to get so worked up at my classmate.

Can I blame sleep deprivation?

In retrospect, I don't believe he was trying to be mean or petty. I think he was only trying to joke and have a little fun with me. I may, in fact, have to issue an apology to him. I think he probably felt bad, too.

The reality is, I love school. I don't see it as a drudgery, although sometimes I really hate having to roll out of bed so early to study. It may honestly be easier for me. Not because I'm so great and wonderful or super intelligent, but because I enjoy it. He is probably not in the same place.

I really don't want to whine about it, because this is a great time in my life. If I had to drop out of school tomorrow, I would be devastated.

Funny how coffee suddenly makes everything crystal clear.

And stains your teeth. But I still drink it.

8 comments:

LiteratureLover said...

Eight hours?! Good for you.--From one coffee-loving-freak to another.

Anonymous said...

that is true about school...you have to enjoy it, I think. I know I enjoy it so much more now (even though at time very stressful) than I ever did way back when (high school sucked).

Anonymous said...

I love school now moreso than when I was in HS. Although I think I'm coming to a point where I'm beginning to get a little...um, bored with it. Gotta snap outta that!

I don't think you should apologize to that guy. He needed a reality check and you did it well. He probably doesn't feel bad, but even if he does, your words are doing exactly what they should've. They're making him realize that saying things like that may be ok the 1st and maybe the 2nd time, but anything beyond that is no longer a joke and is just drilling it into the ground. He now knows that you are not just sitting at home eating your bonbons watching the soaps. You are working hard. I am almost positive he has more respect for you because of what you said. His comment as you were walking away is a telltale of that.

Ok, I'm done ranting now. That hit a nerve with me; can you tell?

Kyle said...

Just because you like doesn't make it easier. Sure, you are very intelligent and you have a couple years (a couple) of experience and wisdom to bring to bear on your studies.

But if you were 21 and single and childless you'd have much more concentration, less distractions, less laundry, less errands, more money and more ability to stay up late studying, writing and working on your education.

Of course it that were the case, you might enjoy the school part less and find other ways to utilize your time and kill off brain cells...

You're right - you have an advantage - You're (cue the big music) SUPERMOM!

Anonymous said...

I dunno. Mr. Whiney Government Man sounds like he needs a good beating. Stupid little man.

Glad the coffee gave you some clarity today, though.

Domestic Goddess said...

I don't think you need to apologize for what you said. It was honest and true and he needed to see that.

Good for you for sticking up for yourself and moms everywhere!

yerdoingitwrong said...

mmmmmmmmmm........coffee and eight hours of sleep!!! Two of my favorite things!

Anonymous said...

You can blame ANYTHING on sleep deprivation :)