Saturday, October 28, 2006

Blondes Have More Fun

She's absolutely adorable. No doubt about it. And she's actually incredibly smart to boot, but hides it very well. In fact, sometimes she acts downright...well...blonde.

Sister has always been easily distracted. As a temperamental toddler, I could always divert her attention whenever I sensed a meltdown coming on.

And sometimes, it still works.

Last night I promised the kids I would make them hot chocolate for breakfast this morning. Sister did not forget.

"Hey, Mom! Let's have hot chocolate this morning!" she says, her voice getting that squeaky-like quality it gets when she becomes excited.

"Great idea!" I say, mimicking her excitement.

We head to the kitchen to get started and she has a brilliant plan. "Let's have snacks with our hot chocolate!!"

"Like what?" I ask.

"Cookies!" comes the reply, increasing in excitement and pitch.

Cookies for breakfast. That is a brilliant plan.

"No!" I answer, still matching her giddiness.

"How about Candy??!!" she says, acting as though she has just stumbled upon a miracle cure for cancer.

See what I mean? Genius.

"No!" is my jubilant answer. "How about CHEERIOS?!" I ask with zeal and fervor, clapping my hands for affect.

"YEAH!" she shouts, jumping up and down like I've just handed her the keys to Toys R Us.

Sometimes it's just too easy.

8 comments:

Heth said...

It's all in the tone of voice. I'm sure if you would have squealed and giggled "How about broccoli?", she would have agreed.

I love it, it's too cute.

yerdoingitwrong said...

She is cute as a button. I gotta get firmer. I would have probably caved at cookies!!!

Pfingston said...

HOW ADORABLE!

And loved your story! LOL! Score for mommy! What a Baby Blues moment!

Mama of 2 said...

Sister is very sweet! What an adorable picture of her.

Anonymous said...

LOLOL Sounds like my 4 year old Hannah...too cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah and she is absolutely a doll! (too...like my Hannah!)

Lula

LiteratureLover said...

If you ever want to get rid of her, you know my number. :) She is so hysterical! She keeps me laughing. And she couldn't be cuter if she tried. I could just hear her little voice in your story.

Anonymous said...

Cunning! I love it!