Thursday, March 08, 2007

Freudian Slip?

I was preparing to make muffins for my children this morning while my coffee was brewing.

Not a smart idea to try and use the oven and potentially dangerous kitchen tools before I've had my caffeine fix.

I got out the large 8-cup batter bowl and the muffin tin and sat my coffee cup next to it, ready and waiting to be filled.

When the coffee pot was finished, it called out to me, entreating me to come and partake. I grabbed the Splenda and ritualistically tore open two packets to prepare my cup to fulfull it's destiny and dumped it in.

But alas, I had emptied the packets into the wrong cup. I was preparing my batter bowl for coffee.

Is 8 cups too much?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

bo, no it isn't. 8 cups sounds just about right to me!

Heth said...

I think that was just your subconscious telling you that it was going to be an 8 cup kind of a day. I made a 12 cup pot this morning and drank the whole thing myself. That can't be good.....

jjofar said...

i love it!!! 8 cups is NEVER too much!!

Musings of a Housewife said...

8 cups is just perfect. i'm having that kind of morning today.