Thursday, February 01, 2007

What A Relief!

This morning, as I was making breakfast, my sweet Baby, toddled into the kitchen in her little pink and purple heart jammies to see if she could lend a hand. Being the big helper she is, she took the bag of cat food from under the sink and proceeded to feed the kitty, heaping big piles of crunchy brown stuff into the stainless steel bowl next to the trashcan.

As I was slicing sausage from the roll, I hear a crunching sound...and it's not the cat. My blood turns cold as I immediately think the worst - Baby is eating the cat food.

But alas, I was not to worry. Baby wasn't eating the cat food. She was only eating popcorn from the trash.

Whew!

7 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

You're hilarious! Glad to see some posts again.

yerdoingitwrong said...

THAT is funny!!

theups said...

HAHA!! LOVE this!!!

His,
Mrs. U

Diane Viere said...

THAT is hysterically.......truth in parenting!

Thanks for the smiles this a.m.!

Diane

Anonymous said...

With a cat and a litter box within reach, either catfood or popcorn from the trash seem almost appetizing.

LiteratureLover said...

Well, at least it was at the top of the pile and she wasn't digging. ;)

janiners said...

i'm laughing out loud. how fun! litlover made a good point, too.